Saturday, May 30, 2009

quilting - well sort of...

I'm going to take a stab at quilting. Well, my version of quilting.

I've got this fabric from a bag of flour that we bought at the Eco Stewardship Fair in April. Kind of sounds like something a modern Laura Ingalls would say!

I digress... I've got this bag, the logo is quite appealing and I think I may try my hand at appliqué-ing it onto the middle of a fairly plain background. I'll post a photo once it's finished and when we buy a new camera (to replace the one Ashwyn dropped last week).

I hope this gets you thinking about new uses for everyday things.

karen

1 comment:

  1. See if you can get it duplicated and applique it onto your whle wheat onesies!! They'll sell like hot cakes.

    You know, "here's my little flour bag" it will become a term of endearment.

    Seriously!! People will eat it up. Blackbird in Almonte will want them!

    ReplyDelete